The New Wolsey Theatre is a registered charity and relies on a variety of incomes streams to continue our work such as part funding from the Arts Council, Suffolk County Council and Ipswich Borough Council as well as donations, individual giving and corporate support; all of which are invaluable.
We constantly strive to keep developing our theatre; by increasing our youth and community work, creating more accessible performances, nurturing new and emerging talent and creating an eclectic programme of productions year after year, but to do this we need your help.
Did you know the New Wolsey Theatre...
- has sold nearly one million tickets since opening in 2001
- has its own Creative Learning team dedicated to working with youth and the community
- is one of the only theatres in the region that provides accessible performances for those that are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted, through captioning, audio describing and BSL performances
The best way that you can support us is to buy tickets! Come and see the work that we do and encourage the people you know to come along too, with such a variety of shows from musicals, drama and comedy there is always something for everyone.
There are also a variety of opportunities to show additional support and become more involved with the theatre, from joining our newly launched Friends Schemes and Individual Giving initiatives to our bespoke Business Services packages and in return we offer a variety of thank yous and benefits.
It is you who will make the difference and it will be your support that allows the theatre to be all it can possibly be!
Here is a taster of how your money through all of these schemes could help:
- £10 could buy the sheriff's hat for Panto
- £100 could pay for Creative Learning to deliver a school workshop to approximately 30 young people
- £1000 could pay for two audio described accessible performances
- £10,000 could pay for an entire Creative Learning school tour
For further information please contact
Claire Treadwell, Head of Communications