Our mission is to create, develop and produce a vital and dynamic programme of theatre, and other live performances and projects, for all the people of Suffolk and surrounding areas.
We aim to combine our own productions, projects, collaborations with other partners and touring work, to create a programme of performances and creative learning projects of the highest quality, maximum diversity and greatest possible accessibility, within a sound and sustainable financial framework.
- To create a theatre that is welcoming, inclusive and open to all sections of the community.
- To create a theatre which has a high profile, and is a vital component of the public and cultural life of the region.
- To create work that both satisfies and challenges the theatre's audiences.
- To offer opportunities to develop theatre and performance skills, particularly to young people and other social and cultural groups who are currently under represented.
- To create educational opportunities for learners within the theatre's programme which enliven and extend their studies.
- To combine with other partners, as sponsors, co-producers or funders to enhance and extend the quality and scope of our productions and other activities.
- To develop new artists, new work and new ways of working.
- To develop a national profile for the theatre as a centre of excellence and a source of innovation.
- To develop business acumen to ensure and enhance both the efficient running and financial viability of the organisation.